In January, 2016, the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame (ASHOF) will award five $1,000 scholarships to Arkansas high school senior students who will be enrolling in an Arkansas college. These scholarships will be awarded to current high school seniors – both boys and girls are eligible – and all scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college that each student will be attending. A distinguished panel of ASHOF Board members, some of whom are also ASHOF Inductees, will screen all essays, and all scholarship winners will be notified as soon as possible after the scholarship deadline has passed. All decisions of the ASHOF will be final.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY:
- Must be a graduating senior from an Arkansas high school (AAA member) this school year (2015-2016).
- Must be attending an Arkansas college or junior college (public or private) as a freshman the following school year (fall of 2016).
- Must submit an essay to the ASHOF for evaluation – address is below.
- Essays must be received by December 31, 2015.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please mail an essay to the ASHOF at the address below and state how sports have made a positive impact on your life. You do not have to have been a participant in sports – you just have to have been affected by sports in some way and be able to write a short narrative about it. No cover page is needed – essays should be no longer than the front of ONE STANDARD TYPED PAGE, singled- spaced. Any essay longer than one page will not be accepted – we are looking for quality not quantity!
At the top of the essay page, the following information is required:
- Your signature
- Your name & address
- Your home &/or cell phone number
- Your parent’s home or cell phone number
- Your email address
- Your gender
- The college you plan to attend
Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame
#3 Verizon Way
North Little Rock, AR 72114